We know we've already made a baked Blooming Onion, but we couldn't resist trying it out in the air fryer. Even after skipping the deep fry, this monster still comes out as addicting as ever. It's crazy crispy and so fun as a pull-apart shared appetizer. The secret sauce from Outback will forever be our favorite dip!
large yellow onion
extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice off onion stem and set onion on flat side. Cut an inch from the root down, into 12 to 16 sections, being careful not to cut all the way through. Flip over and gently pull out sections of onion to separate petals.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 1 tablespoon water. In another shallow bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and spices. Dip onion into egg wash, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, using a spoon to fully coat. Drizzle onion with oil.
- Place in basket of air fryer and cook at 375° until onion is tender all the way through, 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle with more oil as desired.
- Meanwhile make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, paprika, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Season with salt.
- Serve onion with sauce, for dipping.